Thursday 5 December 2013

Range-Plan For T-Shirt!


The theme of my range plan is the beauty of religious architecture but diversified into an urban theme. I have used multiple pictures I took in the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral and Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral and have edited it using Photoshop to create this urban print suited to my target demographic of males and females aged 15-30 with urban interests. For this range plan I have used bright to make the graphic images stand out on the black oversized tees and give the statement tees an electric look similar to Givenchy, the colours are similar to those used by KTZ in their SS14 collection. I feel these colours work well as a whole as they are so different but all have similar contrasts within them.  When making the graphic image/print on Photoshop I used the hue/saturation tools and brightness/contrast a lot, I also experimented with the shadows and colour balance tools. As a result of the imagery used I believe my tees give the message of church being cool and up to date as portrayed by Kanye West through his music using lyrics such as ‘Jesus walks, God show me the way because the devils trying to bring me down’.

Overall I am pleased with this range plan but would prefer the top statement tee to be black but it didn’t suit the colouring of the print used, I would edit the top image of Jesus’ face further to make the shadows darker so that the print would work with a black tee. I would like to further develop this style by using different layouts and effects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment